6.07.2012

I'm Baaaaaack

Hello everyone!  Sorry for my long winter hiatus.  Since I took all winter off, I decided to change the name of the blog from Daly Freschipes to CSA: From the Farm to the Table.  I wanted to focus on what to do with all of the sometimes obscure ingredients we get in the CSA boxes!  That being said, it is week number one at Dilner Farm's CSA and my husband, Tom and I have signed up for the half share again.  It will run through November, so hopefully I can try to post at least once a week!

Let's get to it!  Here is this week's box:

- Kale
- Lettuce
- Green onions (a TON)
- Broccoli
- Strawberries
- Zucchini
- Radishes
- Basil plant (not pictured)

Tonight's star: BROCCOLI



Tonight was leftover night anyway, we had some leftover pork chops and salsa chicken but needed a vegetable so I whipped up some Balsamic Parmesan Broccoli

Balsamic Parmesan Broccoli
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard (I used a stoneground)
- 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil


Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  Line a baking sheet with foil and mix breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese together with 1/4 cup olive oil (maybe a little less) until it looks kind of like wet sand.  Spread it in an even layer and put it in the oven for 3-5 minutes.  Watch it carefully, I burnt mine the first round!  Remove from the oven and set it aside in a small bowl.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together the mustard, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil until blended.  Add the broccoli and toss it until evenly coated.  Put the broccoli on the same pan you just used and roast it for 5 minutes (or more, but I like some crunch left to the broccoli).
After the broccoli cooks, add the breadcrumb mixture back to the broccoli and cook for 2-3 more minutes.  Then, enjoy!!

Look for a kale, radish, and goat cheese spread this week, and probably some kale chips!!  I plan on using the lettuce for salads for lunch and the strawberries for snacking.  As for the zucchini....the wheels are still turning on that one...perhaps lasagna?!?!  Stay tuned!
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment