6.10.2012

Say Cheese!

Today's stars: KALE and RADISHES!  I rarely have seen radishes in many place other than veggie trays and salad.  It's a food I typically wouldn't buy, but since it was in our CSA I had to put on my thinking cap!  As far as kale, that never comes in small batches, so I did a few different things with the kale.




I made a Goat Cheese Spread with Kale and Radishes.  I got the inspiration from Pinterest, but I knew radishes and kale would go together well with their bitter and peppery flavors mixed with the tang of the goat cheese.  And, who doesn't love goat cheese!?!?

Goat Cheese Spread with Kale and Radishes
- 12 oz. Goat Cheese (1 small log and 1 big log)
- 3 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 4-5 small radishes, finely sliced
- 1/2 bunch of kale, thinly sliced



Chop the kale and radishes and add to a medium bowl.  Add the goat cheese, mayo, mustard, garlic salt, and garlic.  Mix it all together and form a ball. (I used my hands, it was the easiest).  Serve right away or wrap in press n seal and put in the fridge.  Serve with your choice of bread or cracker.  I used a baguette and those delicious gluten free crackers that you find in the deli at the grocery store.  I took this to our friend, Adam and Dabney's daughter, Shiley's baptism today.  It was a hot one!  I did get quite a few compliments on the spread, which is always good!!  Have a great Sunday night all....try to relax before the week gets here!



Shiley had a great time, but man it was hot!!

Oh, P.S.  I also made kale chips with some of the leftover kale.  I love easy, salty snacks, so this is perfect!

Kale Chips
- kale (as much or as little as you want), torn into bite sized pieces
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- salt, to taste



Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Put kale on a foil-lined baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and mix with salt.  Bake for 10-15 minutes or until kale starts to get crispy an slightly brown, but not burnt.  Enjoy!  Easy, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment